- Position: Microcredit and innovative Financial Services Intern
- Location: Paris, France
- Duration: 6 months
- Starting from: Between January 2017 and March 2017
- Job sheet
I. Job Description:
About the organization
OXUS is committed to protecting and improving the lives of its clients while achieving solid financial results. Its 956 staff members worldwide are proud to offer adapted and socially oriented financial services to populations who are often excluded from the traditional banking system.
In 10 years, OXUS went from a EUR 1m humanitarian program to a structured group of EUR 37.8m gross loan portfolio serving more than 60 000 customers in four countries : Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
OXUS Development Network
is OXUS network’s headquarters, based in Paris, France.
About the job
The trainee will work with the Operation Department. ODN is located in Paris. The trainee will be located in Paris, and could do short-term missions in Central Asia or Africa.
He/she will be work in the Operations Department, which is composed of the COO, 1 senior operation expert, 2 operation experts, 2 IT officers and 2 interns. The intern will be place under the supervision of one of the Operation Experts, and will, from time to time, work with other team members.
Depending on the candidate’s profile and business needs during the intership, the intern will support OXUS group Operation Department, regarding selected issues amongst the following:
- Assistance in the harmonization and optimization of the credit process
- Support to the implementation of the new core banking system in the affiliates
- Support following-up and assessing alternative delivery channels/mobile financial services pilot projects in the OXUS group
- Assistance in the development and launch of new products and services, and in particular deposit services
- Support in consolidating, harmonizing and improving credit-risk monitoring approaches
- Participation to the observation of good practices and innovations
- Update and development of the competitive intelligence for each affiliate’s country
- Support of OXUS’s affiliates on any other urgent matter, related to operations.
III. Qualifications and skills required:
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Strong motivation and interest for the microfinance sector
- Excellent analytical skills
- Capacity to organize and moderate a meeting
- Interest in Central Asia and/or the DRC
- Fluency in English and French is a prerequisite
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Russian speaker would be a plus.
IV. Conditions :
- 6 months
- Gross remuneration: 15%PMSS
- 50% of transports and 50% of tickets restaurant are refunded
V. To apply:
Please submit an application letter together with a detailed CV, in French only
, highlighting (1) relevant experience, proven skills, and (2) references to the following mail: firstname.lastname@example.org