Position: Investment Intern
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: June 2018
I. Job Description:
About the organization
OXUS is a microfinance group created in 2005 at the initiative of ACTED, the Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development, a French worldwide NGO. Capitalizing on ACTED’s 10 years experience in microfinance, OXUS currently features 4 MFIs, in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan and Democratic Republic of Congo.
OXUS Development Network (ODN), the services company set up by OXUS, provides Technical assistance,
MIS and investment services to the OXUS MFIs and ACTED’s various microfinance initiatives. ODN also provides microfinance expertise to other partners (MFI’s, networks, investors).
ODN is based in Paris, France. OXUS’s goal is to operate in 5 countries by the end of 2016.
About the job
In the context of Oxus Group development, Oxus Development Network is recruiting an Investment Intern. He (or she) will work under the direct supervision of Investment Officer and take part in all activities linked to the development of Oxus Development Network.
The Investment Intern will assist the Investment Officer in the following tasks :
- Monitoring and consolidation of affiliates monthly results
- Prepare investment proposals: analysis of the financial sector and the microfinance industry
- Provide support during negotiations with investors and the investment process;
- Creation of the annual report of 2016
- Provide support for the development of Oxus Group business plan and strategy; provide support for Oxus Group fundraising;
- Analysis of macroeconomic overviews of affiliates (newsletters, focus point on countries,…)
- Update of the website
III. Qualifications and skills required:
- Master’s degree or equivalent from business school, engineering school or university;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Creativity and flexibility;
- Capacity and willingness to learn new skills quickly;
- Strong interest in development issues;
- Fluency in English and French is a prerequisite.
- Duration : 6 months
- Gross remuneration per month: 554,40 Euros
- 50% of transport costs is refunded
- 50% of lunch costs is refunded (“Ticket Restaurant »)
V. To apply:
Please submit an application letter together with a detailed CV, in French or English, highlighting (1) relevant experience, proven skills, and (2) references to the following mail: email@example.com