I. Job Description:
About the organization
OXUS provides financial services to entrepreneurs and those excluded from the banking system.
Created in 2005, the OXUS Group seeks to provide its clients in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan with adapted, competitive financial services while offering its investors attractive financial returns. OXUS is committed to having a positive social and environmental impact on the lives of its clients and the societies in which its MFIs operate.
With 42,000 active clients, OXUS is a leading European microfinance network supporting post-crisis countries in their recovery. Since its inception 10 years ago, OXUS has disbursed USD 300m of loans.
OXUS Development Network is OXUS network’s headquarters, based in Paris, France.
About the job :
The intern will work under the direct supervision of the Financial and Administrative Officer and will take part in all activities linked to the development of Oxus Development Network. The intern will work with the CEOs and CFOs of the 3 MFIs, and will provide support on every topics linked to finances and investments. The intern will also be in charge of the Credit Risk analysis, on collaboration with the COO of each affiliates. Additional tasks can be asked to the intern, like communication or governance tasks.
The trainee will be based in Paris.
II. Responsabilities :
Depending on the candidate’s profile and business needs during the intership, the intern will support OXUS group, regarding selected issues amongst the following:
- Monitoring and consolidation of affiliates monthly results
- Follow up on the main financial indicators and macro-economic risks
- Harmonization of the procedures between the affiliates
- Provide support during negotiations with investors and the investment process
- Provide support for presentations to investors
- In charge of organizing weekly/monthly meetings with the affiliates to discuss the Cash Flow Situation, FX position and financing opportunities or issues with the lenders.
- Provide support for the development of Oxus Group business plan and strategy; provide support for Oxus Group fundraising.
- Analysis of macroeconomic overviews of affiliates (newsletters, focus point on countries…)
RISK and OPERATIONS
- Support in consolidating, harmonizing and improving credit-risk monitoring approaches
- Support to the implementation of the new core banking system in the affiliates
- Participation to the observation of good practices and innovations
- Support of OXUS’s affiliates on any other urgent matter, related to operations.
- Suport in communication for conferences or events
- Update of the website
- Prepare the Quarterly Newsletter for OXUS Tajikistan’s investors
III. Qualifications and skills required:
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Strong motivation and interest for the Microfinance or the Social Business Sector.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Capacity to organize and moderate a meeting
- Interest in Central Asia
- Fluency in English and French is a prerequisite
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Russian or Dari speaker would be a plus
IV. Conditions :
- Internship (with internship agreement)
- 6 months (minimum)
- Gross remuneration per month: 577,50 euros
- 50% of transports costs is refunded
- 50% of tickets restaurant are refunded
V. To apply:
Please submit an application letter together with a detailed CV, in English, highlighting (1) relevant experience, proven skills, and (2) references to the following mail: email@example.com